About the Gateway Inn
Guest Services Desk:
The Guest Services Desk is located at Building 459 and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays. If there is anything you need to make your stay more comfortable, please visit the desk or contact 238-6001.
Air Force Inns Promise
Ensuring our guests have a clean, comfortable room to guarantee a good night's rest and pleasant stay is our goal. If any part of your stay with us is not satisfactory, please let the lodging manager or front desk know so they can try to make it right for you.
Local Area and Room Maps
Installation, local and running maps are available for your convenience at the Front Desk.
Forget an Item?
We provide complimentary facial/deodorant soap and shampoo/conditioner and body lotion during your stay. Housekeeping will gladly restock these items by request only. If you need additional toiletry items after hours, please come see us at the front desk. We have a selection of items available for purchase as well.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in begins at 1400 hours and check-out time for all quarters is at 1100 hours. Please abide by the scheduled check-out time so the room may be cleaned for the next occupant. A late check-out fee (an additional night’s room charge) may be posted to your account after 1100 on the date of your departure. If you have special circumstances and require a late check-out, please contact the Guest Services Desk at 238-6001.
Complimentary coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate are available 24-hours a day at the Guest Services Desk. Coffee and tea are also provided in your room.
Business Center/Fax Services
Commercial and DSN fax services are available at the Guest Services Desk at no charge. The business center is located at the Guest Services Desk (Bldg 459) and offer free computers, printers and copy service through the front desk. A DSN line is also available at the Guest Services Desk for guest use
There is free wireless internet in every room, and at the Guest Services Desk. Connecting your laptop or other wireless device has never been simpler! Internet password is usually stamped at the back of the key card given to you. Any questions, please follow the directions given to you by the Guest Services Desk. Please note this is a public connection over a commercial internet service provider, and you should maintain proper OPSEC. Should you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact the Guest Services Desk (238-6001).
Sundry items are available at the Guest Services Desk for your convenience. Our selection includes items most frequently requested by guests at reasonable prices.
An automated wake-up service is available for our guests. From your room telephone dial 238-6555 and follow the prompts to set the wake-up call.
Lost and Found Service
We operate a lost and found program to assist guests of the Gateway Inn. If you are missing any items after check-out, please contact the Guest Services Desk (238-6001) or the Lost and found Office (2382033). We will make every effort to locate the missing item and return it to you. Items not claimed after 30 days are donated to charitable agencies.
Guests may obtain the local currency from one of four ATM locations around the base. Contact the Guest Services desk for more information
Dry cleaning and alterations are available at the AFFES dry-cleaners located across the street from the Keesler Federal Credit Union
Visitors in Quarters
Occupants are authorized to receive visitors in their rooms. Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their visitors and for any damages incurred. Visitors shall not be given keys to rooms and must be accompanied by their sponsor at all times.
Stocked with resale items (sodas, candy, liquor, etc.) are replenished on an as needed basis. Please pay for these items using the pre-printed inventory envelope in your room by check or cash. These charges may also be paid as part of your checkout total.A cleaning fee of $75 will be assessed to your VQ room charges if your quarters are beyond housekeeping standards.
- Keep all valuables out of sight, stored securely in luggage or use the room safe provided for your use. Please keep rooms neat and orderly by picking up and keeping personal clothing stored in appropriate storage areas. Housekeepers are not authorized to handle personal items to clean the room. Any items left on the bed, floor, or dressers will prevent the housekeepers from making the bed, dusting, or vacuuming the room.
- A cleaning fee of $75 will be assessed to your VQ room charges if your quarters are beyond housekeeping standards.
- If The Do Not Disturb sign is not removed from your door by 11 am, we will not be able to service your room. Please contact the front desk if you wish to set up service after this time. Service will be provided as long as housekeeping staff is still on the premises. For health and safety reasons, housekeepers are required to enter rooms every 3 days regardless of a Do Not Disturb sign posted on the door.
- Guests are required to be properly clothed in order for the Housekeeper to enter the room.
- Food items should always be sealed and stored properly.
- Non-commercial or personal cooking appliances are not authorized for use in the rooms. Please use only the cooking devices that are provided in the rooms.
- Guests are responsible for the conduct of their children and visitors. This includes any damages they may cause.
- Lodging linens used to clean cars, boots, makeup, etc. may result in your account being charged to replace destroyed linens.
- Please refrain from storing bicycles in rooms or stairwells. A sheltered storage area is available on request.
- Please note while living in the quarters, all supplies, equipment, and fixed assets are your responsibility. Damage to the television, remote control, bedding, furniture, or carpeting will result in reparation, replacement, and/or cleaning at your expense.
- Please be considerate of other guests by observing quiet hours between 10 pm - 8 am.
Smoking/Vaping at The Gateway Inn
- All rooms are nonsmoking to include e-cigarettes. Please refrain from smoking inside of the building.
- If smoking in the room is found and confirmed a cleaning fee of $150 will be assessed to your room charges.
- Designated smoking areas are located outside of Building 105, 237 & 238 and Bldg 481. Signs are posted identifying the designated smoking areas. (Please see map for designated smoking areas). If you have any questions, contact the front desk "0".
Please be considerate of other guests. We want you to enjoy our stay with us, but loud or boisterous behavior is discouraged as many guests are day sleepers and members of flight crews.
Firearms, ammunition, or weapons of any kind are prohibited in lodging quarters. Security forces can assist with the storage of firearms.
Automobile maintenance or washing of vehicles should not be attempted in the transient parking area. The Auto Skills Center has excellent facilities; their hours of operation can be found in the “Base Facilities” section of this directory.
Occupants will be held responsible for all loss or damage to lodging property resulting from their activities or the actions or their guests.
Please do not relocate the electronic equipment or furnishings within your guest room
We have pet-friendly TLFs available on a first come first serve basis. For information on these units, contact the front desk. There are designated walking areas with rest stations on the north and south side of building 104.
Please do not bring pets into any lodging facility that is not designated pet friendly, at any time. A cleaning fee of $150 will be assessed to your room charges for pets found in a non-designated pet-friendly room or on the premises. Guests will be asked to find lodging elsewhere.
Our facilities have 220/240, and 110 voltages. Check your personal appliances to ensure that they are set to 220/240 watts BEFORE plugging into a British outlet. There is no all-in-one adapter/voltage converter. If in doubt, call the Guest Services Desk (ext. 238-6001) for assistance.
- Do not store flammables (gasoline, charcoal, lighter, oil base paints, etc) in your room.
- Cooking or heating devices (i.e. hot plates) are not provided by the Gateway Inn are not authorized.
- Exercise caution when handling hot appliances such as irons, kettles, and coffee pots. They should not be placed in drawers or cabinets where they might start a fire.
- Use of multiple plugs is limited to low amperage appliances only. Do not exceed 15 amps to prevent overload of electrical circuits.
- Portable charcoal grills should be placed at least 10 feet away from any facility
- Electrical appliances should be turned off before leaving the room.
- Candles/incense, or any other open flame is prohibited.
- Your room is equipped with a very sensitive smoke detector. When the alarm is activated, the removal of the detector will not stop the transmission of signal to the Fire Department.
- It is illegal to tamper with, falsely activate, or damage fire extinguishers, installed fire detection systems, or break-glass stations.
Military guests who are in-processing (PCS) have a 30 day entitlement IAW AFI 34-246 for on base lodging, providing space available, through reimbursement may be for a lesser amount of time. Extensions to the 30 day limit may be granted based on availability, and must be approved in advance of the guest’s check-out date. Requests should be made through the Guest Services Desk for management’s approvals. Most civilians are entitled to 90 days of lodging if space is available. Contact the finance office for questions on reimbursement.
Quarters and Maintenance
Lodging and Civil Engineering strive to maintain the highest standards of maintenance in all our quarters. If you have any problem that requires repair, please notify the Guest Services Desk @ 238-6001. You may also complete the maintenance card provided in your room. Leave the card on the desk or table, and our staff will collect it, and begin the repair process.